Exhibition: Women, Hand-Woven Rugs, Home Industry
From 24.06.2011 to 26.08.2012
Museum of Ethnography, Budapest
Organised by Museum of Ethnography
Exhibition: Gustav Klimt - Up Close and Personal
From 24.02.2012 to 27.08.2012
Leopold Museum, Vienna
Organised by Leopold Museum
Visits: August is the Modernisme Month in Barcelona!
From 01.08.2012 to 31.08.2012
Organised by Barcelona Modernisme Route & the Barcelona Hotel Guild
Discover Barcelona Modernisme this August with an exclusive one-time-only offer, courtesy of the Barcelona Modernisme Route and the Barcelona Hotel Guild. As customer of one of the best quality hotels in town, you shall be entitled to a special 50% off flat-rate discount to visit our most fascinating Art Noveau buildings.
Enjoy this exclusive offer to discover the lesser-known Art Nouveau heritage of Barcelona: buildings and art collections that are just as striking and spectacular as Sagrada Familia or Casa Batlló, but totally off the beaten track, and known only to true Barcelona connoisseurs!
Visitors who book a room in one of the 113 hotels that support this campaign will be gifted with a 50% discount or more on entry price to visit the following fascinating Modernista buildings:
· CaixaFòrum. A modern cultural centre in a fine example of industrial Modernisme: the Casaramona textile factory, designed by Puig i Cadafalch in 1911. The Modernisme Month promotion offers you a FREE guided tour!
· CosmoCaixa. This modern science museum is partly set in the old asylum for visually impaired people, a beautiful 1909 building by Josep Domènech i Estapà. 50% off on ticket price!
· Fundació Antoni Tàpies - Editorial Montaner i Simon. See the best works of Tàpies in this contemporary art museum, set in the old publishing house by Domènech i Montaner which scandalised Barcelonans in 1886. 50% off!
· Fundació Godia - Casa Garriga Nogués. A fascinating art collection and temporary exhibitions, all housed in an amazing early 20th-Century bourgeois urban palace built by Enric Sagnier. 50% off on ticket price!
· Hospital de Sant Pau, Recinte Històric. This Modernista garden hospital with beautiful pavilions, designed by Domènech i Montaner, is the largest Art Nouveau ensemble in the world! 50% off on guided tours!
· Hotel Espanya. Just off La Rambla, this old inn was remodelled in 1911 by Domènech i Montaner, who orchestrated a team of artists to make it into a beautiful hotel. 50% off on guided visits!
· Museu del Modernisme Català. A stone´s throw from Plaça Catalunya, this charming collection includes some of the best painting, sculpture and furniture of Catalan Modernisme. 50% off on ticket price!
· Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya - MNAC. A fascinating trip through one thousand years of Catalan art: from Romanesque and Gothic right up to some of the best works by the masters of Modernisme. 50% off on ticket price!
· Pavellons Güell. Gaudí´s first work in Barcelona, featuring a quaint Mediterranean garden and Gaudí´s astounding and world-famous wrought-iron Dragon Gate. 50% off!
CLICK HERE NOW TO BOOK A ROOM IN ONE OF THE 113 BEST BARCELONA HOTELS AND ENJOY THIS UNIQUE OFFER!!!
*Promotion only for the 50.000 first customers; valid only while they last!
Exhibition: Gustav Klimt and the Künstlerhaus
From 06.07.2012 to 02.09.2012
Organised by Künstlerhaus
Exhibition: Misia Queen of Paris
From 12.06.2012 to 09.09.2012
Musée d´Orsay, Paris
Organised by Musée d´Orsay
Exhibition: Fantastic! Rudolf Kalvach. Vienna and Trieste around 1900
From 07.06.2012 to 17.09.2012
Leopold Museum, Vienna
Organised by Leopold Museum
Exhibition: Building for a New Life
From 31.08.2012 to 23.09.2012
Städtischen Galerie in der Trinkkuranlage Bad Nauheim
Organised by Bad Nauheim's City Council (Department of Culture) and the Verein Kunstvoll e.V
Exhibition: Gustav Klimt: The Magic of Line
From 03.07.2012 to 23.09.2012
Getty Museum, Los Angeles (CA)
Organised by Albertina Museum, Vienna, in association with the J. Paul Getty Museum
This retrospective is the first fully dedicated to the drawings of Gustav Klimt (1862-1918), one of the seminal figures in modern art. It explores the stylistic evolution of his drawings as well as their centrality to his artistic enterprise. Indeed, Klimt's paintings cannot be understood without careful consideration of his drawings, which also play a semi-autonomous role in his artistic output. Based upon assiduous study of the human figure, they are characterized by an unsurpassed mastery of line during all phases of his artistic development. This major loan exhibition was organized by the Albertina Museum, Vienna, in association with the J. Paul Getty Museum, to mark the 150th anniversary of Klimt's birth.
Exhibition: Finer Things: Jewelry & Accessories from the 1890s-1930s
From 01.04.2012 to 07.10.2012
Stan Hywet House & Gardens, Akron, Ohio
Organised by Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens
Exhibition: Edvard Munch: The Modern Eye
From 28.06.2012 to 14.10.2012
Tate Modern, London
Organised by Tate Modern
Exhibition: Van Gogh to Kandinsky | Symbolist Landscape in Europe 1880-1910
From 14.07.2012 to 14.10.2012
The National Galleries of Scotland, Edinburg
Organised by The National Galleries of Scotland, the Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam and the Ateneum Museum, Helsinki
Exhibition: Against Klimt: Nuda Veritas and her Defender, Hermann Bahr
From 10.05.2012 to 29.10.2012
Österreichisches Theatermuseum, Vienna
Organised by Österreichisches Theatermuseum
Exhibition: Villas of Vitträsk - Hvitträsk and the Summer Residence
From 19.04.2012 to 15.11.2012
National Board of Antiquities, Luoma
Organised by National Board of Antiquities
Exhibition: The Modern Art. Masterpieces of Cau Ferrat
From 30.03.2012 to 25.11.2012
Edifici Miramar, Sitges
Organised by Consorci del Patrimoni de Sitges